Business Case: Learn how Cargobase is successfully used in the aviation / aerospace industry
The aerospace industry is under extremely competitive pressures to maintain margins, achieve best value in manufacturing and to keep planes in service. As a result, supply chain visibility and automation has become a key strategy to reduce costs in production, materials movement, maintenance, repair and overhaul operations.
The Cargobase platform helps all stakeholders to create full transparency in the procurement, execution and management of logistics requirements with select, preferred, and trusted logistics service providers. This is done by streamlining the inbound flow of parts, executing time sensitive parts, and providing comprehensive AOG services.
Cargobase TMS Features that benefit the Aviation / Aerospace supply chain:
- Easy-to-use platform for new-joiners across all functions
- Mobile App for staff on the work floor to access real-time shipment data
- All freight modes are supported, including Parcel, Regular Air, Ocean and Road
- Quick quote turnaround time to improve delivery times of time sensitive parts
- Easy integration of suppliers, customers and logistics service providers
- Special handling and packing requirements indication fields
- Standardization across shipment handling units
- Centralized track & trace dashboard including document sharing
- Easy to access document archive for customs documentation and permits
THE CARGOBASE EFFECT
- Use Case 1
A global manufacturer and distributor of aviation instruments, accessories and control panels supplying to the worldwide aviation industry uses Cargobase platform for all their logistics requirements. It is primarily used by the sales and support department to trigger shipment requirements to its customers across all continents from strategically located distribution points. They use all modes of transport, routing guides and preferred rates to easily identify the most optimal and cost effective solution for their deliveries.
Modules used: Tender / Spot-Buy | Rate Management | Freight Execution | Tracking | Invoice Audit | Business Intelligence